ISI - EN - Exercise 1 (2011)Ejercicio Inglés
|Universidad||Universidad Internacional de Cataluña (UIC)|
|Grado||Administración y Dirección de Empresas (ADE) English Programme - 1º curso|
|Año del apunte||2011|
|Fecha de subida||05/06/2014|
Vista previa del texto
IS1 – EN – Exercise 1 – Instructions
IS1 – EN – Exercise 1 - Instructions
Professors: Gabriel FERANDEZ BORSOT & Javier SANCHEZ URETA
Geraldine A. Leirós M.
DNI or ID ____ INSTRUCTIONS * Read the instructions below carefully and follow them accurately. Failure to follow instructions accurately has negative impact on the mark. Examples of typical mistakes with this would be to create more files than requested or insert screen captures into a document different than this one.
* As you’ll see, the overall exercise consists in a set of exercises. In some of them, you should insert a screenshot which shows that you know how to do a particular operation. A screenshot is a digital photograph of what is being displayed in the screen at a certain moment. If you do not know how to make screenshots you should read the document "UIC - Screenshots explanation and how-to.pdf" which you'll find in the same folder as this document (as well as in the "Materials" section in the intranet). Please note that a lot of times there is no need to make a full-screen screenshot because a screenshot of just the active window is enough to show the required information. In "UIC Screenshots explanation and how-to.pdf" you’ll find instructions of how to capture just the active window. Being careful with this issue will prevent the file becoming too big in size and creating problems when you try to upload it to the intranet.
* Exercises that require a written answer have no length limits but you are asked to respond precisely what is being asked and no any other related topic. And you must type your answer right in the box below the question.
* Obviously not all the exercises have the same contribution to the final score. Beside the number of each exercise you can see its contribution to the final score (out of 10).
* Once you finish the exercise, check that you saved everything correctly and that the exercise folder contains the latest version of all the files you have used. To deliver the correct files is your responsibility.
* After finishing all the exercises follow the instructions you’ll find at the end.
* Remember that the deadline for submitting your resolution is a week after the exercise was released, just before class begins that day.
PLEASE. CHECK NOW that you have type your full name and DNI or ID in the box above, right at the beginning of the document EXERCISES 1.- (0 points) Change the name of the folder that contains this document. The name you’ll give to the folder will be your full name, according to the following structure: IS1_EN_Exercise1_lastname1_lastname2_name 1 of 6 IS1 – EN – Exercise 1 – Instructions Therefore, if your full name were “Adelina Mas Torres”, you’d name the folder as “IS1_EN_Exercise1_mas_torres_adelina”. (If you don’t have two lastname’s just use one.) From now on you’ll put all the new files and documents in this folder.
WARNING: Notice that you should close this document before attempting to change the name of the folder or the operating system will not allow you to do so! 2.- (1.5 points) What is a file extension and which information does it give? Is the suffix that has any computer file’s name, which indicates its format. It is the way to know for the operating system which program should it use to open the file.
3.- (1.5 points) Go to the window that lets you configure the folders so they hide or show the file extensions for known file types. Make a screenshot of that window showing the corresponding configuration option. Insert this screenshot in this document right below the following box.
INSERT THE SCREENSHOT BELOW THIS BOX (IN THE WHITE REGION), IN THIS WORD DOCUMENT 4.- (1.5 points) Create a Word document (with the version you prefer) called "Documento_prueba_Word”. Change the file extension of the file so the operating system will interpret it is an Excel document. Try to open it (by double clicking on it) and see you get an error message. Make a screenshot of the error window and insert this screenshot in this document right below the following box.
2 of 6 IS1 – EN – Exercise 1 – Instructions INSERT THE SCREENSHOT BELOW THIS BOX (IN THE WHITE REGION), IN THIS WORD DOCUMENT 5.- (0.25 points) Undo the change in the file extension that you have done in the previous exercise so the operating system will identify the file again as a Word document.
6.- (2 points) Go to the window where you can configure which program is associated with the file extension "jpeg" and make a screenshot. The screenshot must not show only the list of file types in general, but exactly the “jpeg” extension and the program which is currently associated to it. Insert this screenshot in this document right below the following box.
INSERT THE SCREENSHOT BELOW THIS BOX (IN THE WHITE REGION), IN THIS WORD DOCUMENT 7.- (1.25 points) Perform a search of all the files with extension "ini" in the drive C: of the PC you are using. To do it properly you should configure search settings so hidden files and system folders are included. Once the result contains several files you can stop the search and make a screenshot of the result. Insert this screenshot in this document right below the following box.
3 of 6 IS1 – EN – Exercise 1 – Instructions INSERT THE SCREENSHOT BELOW THIS BOX (IN THE WHITE REGION), IN THIS WORD DOCUMENT 8.- (1.25 points) Perform a search of all files in "My Documents" folder (or equivalent) of your PC which are either of type "Word 97-2003" or "Word 2007", and which have been edited during the past fortnight. Make a screenshot showing how you have configured search settings and insert this screenshot in this document right below the following box.
INSERT THE SCREENSHOT BELOW THIS BOX (IN THE WHITE REGION), IN THIS WORD DOCUMENT 4 of 6 IS1 – EN – Exercise 1 – Instructions 9.- (0.75 points) Save this document and any other file you've used in the exercise. Compress the folder that contains them all. Use the compressor you prefer among the followings: Windows XP/Vista/7 Zip folders, WinZip, WinRar, 7-zip. The archive name should be the same as the folder (that if you followed accurately the directions of the first exercise follows the pattern "IS1_EN_Exercise1_lastname1_lastname2_name").
5 of 6 IS1 – EN – Exercise 1 – Instructions INSTRUCTIONS TO FINISH AND SEND THE EXERCISE 1.- Perform a general review.
2.- Ensure that you have saved this document as well as all the other documents you've created or used in the exercise.
3.- Make sure the folder you created in Exercise 1 contains all the documents used in the exercise.
(REMARK: the folder may also contain one or more documents of type ~$1 - EN Exercise 1 – Instructions.doc or ~WRL0001.tmp. Do not worry, they have been created by Word and they will disappear when you close the program.) 4.- Check that you have compressed the folder exactly as required: when you decompress the file it should create just ONE SINGLE FOLDER (whose name should be the one indicated in Exercise 1), which contains this document and all the other documents or files used in the exercise.
WARNING: if once you have generated the compressed file you change anything you should rebuild the compressed file again! 5.- Upload the compressed file to the corresponding folder of the intranet (folder “Exercise 1” within folder “IS1 – Assignment Drop Boxes”, in the section “Materials” of the course’s space in the intranet).
6.- Ensure that the file you have uploaded is correct. To do so, download it, unzip it, and check that it creates only one folder (with the name indicated in exercise 1 of this document) which contains the last version of the files, with your resolution.
WARNING: keep a copy of your resolution of the exercise just in case there was any technical problem! 7.- About one week after the deadline of the exercise the scores will be published in the intranet, as “Notas parciales”. If your score appears as "NP" it means that the teachers have not been able to locate your resolution of the exercise (probably due to some technical problems with the upload). In that case send an email to the teacher explaining the situation.
6 of 6 ...